Help Please!! Wasp stuck in house!

General discussion on entomology
Sbj1212
Reactions:
United States of America

Help Please!! Wasp stuck in house!

Post by Sbj1212 »

There was a wasp flying around my livingroom last night and although I tried swatting at it, it disappeared behind the tv. I saw it kind of hit the back of the tv then fall down a little but I don’t think I even actually hit it so i don’t think it was injured. From the front of the livingroom, I threw of bunch of socks, etc in the area to get it flying again so I could kill it but it never came back up. I put a large box fan in the opening to the living room because I read that will keep it out of the rest of the house. This morning, I went in the living room and actually found it on the back of the tv. Not moving. It’s not anywhere in a spot I can actually swat since the tv is too close to the wall. I’ve continued to throw things to move it and I’ve gotten really close but it’s not budged. Could it be dead? It’s a pretty large wasp. I raised the blinds in my livingroom as well hoping it would head towards the window but no luck with that.

I have MAJOR fears of wasps because I was stung in my yard a little over a month ago and had a very severe reaction and ended up in the hospital. So making this thing angry scares me to death and I’m literally shaking. The fan is still on and it’s just staying on the back of the tv- not moving at all. I’m at a loss of what to do. It’s Sunday and I can’t call pest control till Tuesday. Any advice??
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: Help Please!! Wasp stuck in house!

Post by kevinkk »

Your inquiry is in the wrong category. As much as I'd like to enumerate the variables and possibilities, I'll pass.
adamcotton
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Reactions:
Thailand

Re: Help Please!! Wasp stuck in house!

Post by adamcotton »

I moved the thread to where it might get more views.

All I can say is there is much less chance of being stung if you leave it alone. I don't know if you have permethrin based insecticide spray in the US, but that would certainly be one way to deal with it. Close all the windows, spray the insecticide in the room and close the door behind you, then leave it in there for a few hours (overnight?) and it should be 'job done'.

Adam.