Space Junk & Robots

Off-topic discussions. Be nice. No politics/religions/insults (as on the rest of the forum).
58chevy
Meek
Meek
Reactions:
United States of America

Space Junk & Robots

Post by 58chevy »

kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: Space Junk & Robots

Post by kevinkk »

At least, for better of worse, space is pretty big. It is incredible when you see a visual depiction of all the (trackable) objects orbiting the
Earth. I think they can only track baseball or larger.
So far, things have been amazingly lucky for ground based humanoids. I call things like that "dumb luck" I have a prime example of the scenario-
but this is a family show and not everyone would appreciate the irony or the results we were trying for.

Interestingly enough, objects seem to only land in out of the way places. There is the problem right there. I can think of some places that
could use a piece of trash smacking into certain buildings that might garner some attention- congress, people would probably be more concerned about a football game postponement though.

The activists for a clean planet are missing a great opportunity to expand their horizons, as soon as a polar bear gets flattened by a spent fuel
stage, maybe someone will go scoop up all that stuff, it's probably worth money, but not enough, at least yet.