Bad Trading Report - Francisco Javier Castillo Garcia

Request information on insect specimen traders or offer reports about your transactions from your personal experience. Only registered users can view this information.
manticora
Reactions:
Netherlands

Bad Trading Report - Francisco Javier Castillo Garcia

Post by manticora »

Be careful of Francisco Javier Castillo Garcia from Spain. (javiercastiyo@gmail.com).
He also sells insects on Etsy and use the name Mundo De Brujas; Spain.
I bought from him before on ebay and this transactions go good.
He send me a list with available specimens and told me that stop with selling on Ebay an only sells on Etsy or with a list he send to some people.
In august I placed an order for € 800 .
I send him the money but I never received the specimen.
I had several times contact with him, but communication was very difficult and from October he didn’t answer my mails anymore.
Because I bought several times before from him I payed with PayPal as a friend.
An expensive lesson.

Harry.
wollastoni
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
France

Re: Bad Trading Report - Javier Castillo Garcia

Post by wollastoni »

What a disgusting behaviour !

Can you tell us his eBay username ?
manticora
Reactions:
Netherlands

Post by manticora »

javiercarp11
He is no longer a registered user on Ebay.

I think it's a shame that he still sells insects on Etsy.

Maybe I was lucky, this is the first time in 25 years of collecting that I lost money.
teinopalpus
Reactions:
Slovakia

Post by teinopalpus »

https://www.ebay.com/str/mundodebrujases is still working. Is it him ?
Chuck
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
Solomon Islands

Post by Chuck »

Ebay's fees have grown so much that many sellers are going to Etsy.

Etsy has a complaint protocol, any problems should go through Etsy. Beyond that, Etsy is usually paid by credit card, so one can dispute the charges.

When a new member shows up here just to complain I have a bit of suspicion. And, note, there's not details. How does one know it's not stuck in Customs? Was tracking provided? Whenever there's a complain with no information I discredit it.
wollastoni
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
France

Post by wollastoni »

Chuck wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:37 pm Ebay's fees have grown so much that many sellers are going to Etsy.

Etsy has a complaint protocol, any problems should go through Etsy. Beyond that, Etsy is usually paid by credit card, so one can dispute the charges.

When a new member shows up here just to complain I have a bit of suspicion. And, note, there's not details. How does one know it's not stuck in Customs? Was tracking provided? Whenever there's a complain with no information I discredit it.
- Harry is a respected member of InsectNet since at least 2011.
- There is no custom between Spain and Holland.

About Etsy, it seems to be mainly decorative insects for sale + maybe some members who have been banned from eBay.
adamcotton
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Reactions:
Thailand

Post by adamcotton »

Chuck wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:37 pm When a new member shows up here just to complain I have a bit of suspicion. And, note, there's not details.
Harry is not a new member, I have known him for many years. He rarely posted on the old Insectnet, just reads avidly. I was asked by Harry personally by e-mail about the issue a few days ago and I recommended he post about it on Insectnet. He paid for a female Papilio cacicus and never received the specimen. It seems to me that this seller obtains specimens from Peruvian collectors to sell to European collectors. I can understand that perhaps the Peruvian didn't send the specimen, but the Spanish middleman should at least continue communicating with the buyer about the problem.

Adam.
manticora
Reactions:
Netherlands

Re: Bad Trading Report - Francisco Javier Castillo Garcia

Post by manticora »

https://www.ebay.com/str/mundodebrujases is still working. Is it him ?

Yes, it's Javier.
He sent me the link to Etsy last year, that he now sells insects there.
I can't complain to Etsy because I didn't purchase the Papilio cacicus there.

I understand Chuck's concerns about my post.
But this is a new situation for me and luckily Adam has given me some advice.
I don't like to approach other people negatively but I just want to warn that this doesn't happen to others.

Harry.
TomVD879
Reactions:
Switzerland

Post by TomVD879 »

I've just come across this thread again, as I'm worried I've come across Javier (new seller in Spain, Lineares, Jaen) on ebay again selling butterflies under a different name.

The reason his ebay account is gone is in his last rounds of auctions (in my case, I bid in the december 2022 auctions) he took the money and ran. I lost only 60 euros in butterflies which were never sent, but there were more victims I've come across in FaceBook groups where entomology scammers and scams are discussed.
wollastoni
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
France

Post by wollastoni »

Tom, Could you send us a link towards his new ebay shop so that we all know his new name.
Thank you
TomVD879
Reactions:
Switzerland

Post by TomVD879 »

As I'm not completely sure it is him, I'd rather not post his info on a public forum. It's just his e-mail account and personal website are very new (1 month and 4 months old respectively), his address in Linares, Jaen looks so much like Javiercarp11's, and the company associated with the website isn't in the Spanish company register. I've won a few of his auctions, so am awaiting if something arrives with his name on or I'll be fed the same barrage of excuses I got from Javiercarp11.

I can share in a DM though.

Edit: I was wrong - different name on the package, received everything I ordered within 7 days, even though some items I had won at bargain prices.