French Guyana suggestions

Request information on insect specimen traders or offer reports about your transactions from your personal experience. Only registered users can view this information.
WingedWishes
Reactions:
Belize

French Guyana suggestions

Post by WingedWishes »

I have not posted in a while and I apologize guys. My little business has really grown over the last two years. I’m thinking I want to go to French Guiana in January 2025. I know we have one Eco lodge advertised on the website here, but wanted to know any other suggestions that you all might have. When I go, I will be traveling with Robin from the Green Hills Butterfly Ranch in Belize. Robin wants to build another Butterfly facility in French Guiana.
wollastoni
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
France

Re: French Guyana suggestions

Post by wollastoni »

My recommendations :

Kaw Mountain :
- Patawa Camp : owned by 2 entomologists. Very good tracks within the forest nearby. Maybe good for you to know them so that they can introduce you people who could help for your Butterfly facility project.
- Amazon Nature Lodge : the lodge is better, but no entomologist living there and the tracks nearby are not as good.

Belizon forest :
- Camp Bonaventure : very nice carbet. Great tracks nearby

Then going to Saul is a must too.

There are MANY other good spots in FG, but as I haven't visited them myself, I will let other comment.

Check that "El Nino" has stopped, it was there last year and there were VERY FEW butterflies. Normally it lasts only one year but sometimes two.
It is said that the year AFTER El Nino is great.

Say hello to my cat friend there :