Communication and the inexplicable

Off-topic discussions. Be nice. No politics/religions/insults (as on the rest of the forum).
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Communication and the inexplicable

Post by kevinkk »

Not long ago, I had an issue with a seller, wrote it off, and then months later, countered his post for livestock with a bad trade
post . It did cost him money, because people contacted me.
So, a couple days ago I get an email form the "seller" asking WTH? Well, the last 2 emails I'd sent went unanswered, and after
multiple excuses, real or otherwise, I gave up.
So, this new email claims to want to rectify the situation.
That was 3 days ago.
Am I supposed to spend my time hounding someone who is clearly not reliable?
Now, I am not going to bore anyone with my maladies and family issues, we all have them, but it's not an excuse people- unless you are dead,
you can communicate with your buyers, if you don't it's going to be very difficult to run an effective operation.
Is there anyone here who doesn't read email at least once a day? Presuming you have internet service.
Don't think that everyone will allow a bad operator to continue after being ripped off, like a couple persons I know, I am not that kind. :evil:
Chuck
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
Solomon Islands

Re: Communication and the inexplicable

Post by Chuck »

I'm old, and I don't have time for Mickey Mouse Bullshit. Give me a problem and you're done. It has made my life soooo much less aggrevating.

Contractor doesn't show to do work? Finished.

Credit card or bank gives me a hassle or doesn't fix their problem fast? Done.

Screw up and don't fix it? (Lowe's Home Improvement) I spend my thousands elsewhere and tell everyone how much they suck.

Screw up an entire state? (NY)...we're leaving and taking our cash and retirement accounts, go give sales and income tax to a different state.

"Bad operator" I think hits it. I think there are many who don't intend to defraud, but they can't be bothered to fix their mistakes; somehow you aren't the priority. A loss of ethics as part of the Dumbing Down of America.
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by kevinkk »

Exactly.
I don't believe fraud was the plan. Which was why I listened to my buddy and didn't make a PayPal claim. A lot of good it did.
This is probably what happened with the last guy- Matt Nochisaki, he probably didn't intend to defraud. He did annoy me more though,
stringing me along lying the whole time.
It's a mystery to me. I worked for myself. Self starter. You deliver or you fail.
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by kevinkk »

While my whining got some attention, and an email...little has changed. If, and it's a big one, the situation becomes resolved, I will make a
retraction, unbelievably, this situation and my handling of it has cost me 2 relationships with other members of InsectNet. Find out who your friends are.
Whitmow
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Whitmow »

You aren't the only one that has had issues with matt nochisaki. He has been banned from insect classifieds multiple times for his behavior and even used aliases to get around the ban. It's unfortunate, and I am sorry it happened to you as well.

viewtopic.php?t=265

apologies, when i first read this I thought it was only concerning matt. Sounds like this is primarily about another person that happens to have the same issues with being reliable. When/if you are ready, i hope you share his name. I certainly would like to avoid any more bad actors after my prior experience as well!
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by kevinkk »

Sure thing Whitmow,
I think it's safe to consider my issue with Stuart Simpson unresolved and likely to remain that way. I gave him a break and did not make the
paypal claim I could have after following dubious advice from fellow traders. He owes me 73 bucks, which might not seem like a lot of money,
but a long time ago, I "gave" a guy a ride out of town and left him for 9 bucks.