Insectrum UK

Request information on insect specimen traders or offer reports about your transactions from your personal experience. Only registered users can view this information.
Pierre
Reactions:
Switzerland

Insectrum UK

Post by Pierre »

Do you have experiences with the british "Insectrum - Worldwide Insect Trade" company?

https://www.insectrum.com/

Pierre
teinopalpus
Reactions:
Slovakia

Re: Insectrum UK

Post by teinopalpus »

Hi Pierre,

I have positive experience with Edward. He is longtime registered seller also on english Ebay - user name multicaudata . His ebay store name is Insectrum UK. But website is mess and should not be used without direct comunication with Edward ( wrong prices, wrong pictures, etc. ). He has some really great material, anyway sometimes is problematic use of generic ( not what you see is what you get ) images. Even for expensive items.

Jan
Pierre
Reactions:
Switzerland

Post by Pierre »

Hello Jan,

yes, I know the website and the ebay acount. He also has a store on the insct net marked place, mostly empty. Offers some very good items, as you say.

His website works not well. I was surprised to see that some of the pictures he uses are photos from my collection. Pictures that I had posted on BioLib (a taxonomy tree). - I know that whatever goes on the internet does not belong to me any longer, but the copyright is mentionned and a little request for permisson would have been been fair play, especially for use on a commercial site ...

I have tried to get in touch with them for a trade (they claim that trades are welcome) and a purchase. But never got any answer.
Last edited by Pierre on Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panacanthus
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Panacanthus »

I purchased only one specimen from him on eBay once, and the specimen was far smaller than the description. The description also stated that the images showed the actual specimen for sale, which was absolutely not the case. In the end, after quite a few excuses from him, he offered to give a refund if I sent the specimen back. By the time I would pay for shipping, and because of the hassle of it all, I decided to take the loss and forget about it. I simply won’t order from him again. This was just my experience. Perhaps most of the time things go well with this seller.
“Seems to me the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living.” -David Attenborough
daveuk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
Wales

Post by daveuk »

I won't use this seller again. Have bought quite a few specimens from him from the website & ebay. The quality was mixed. Some good & some very bad. My last parcel had three bad & one specimen missing. I only got a full refund by agreeing to remove negative feedback on ebay. At first he also was not going to pay me for postage for returning damaged specimens. He only did so when I took down the ebay negative feedback.