Moths from Chiang Mai, Thailand

Request help to identify insects or other creatures. Please post the location that the insect you want to identify came from, this will help greatly in species determination.
andyridae
Reactions:
Great Britain

Moths from Chiang Mai, Thailand

Post by andyridae »

Hi All,

Here are some photos of a few moths taken on my holiday to Chiang Mai in October that I am trying to identify. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Does this photo show 2 species of Barsine? The moths on the left I believe to be B. orientalis bigamica and the ones on the right B. ustrina. Can anyone confirm this?

I caught this male Barsine in Chiang Mai, Thailand in October. According to sources, male Barsine's are not known to have a yellow form. Can anyone identify the species, and know if any yellow forms have since been caught?

I caught the bottom moth in Chiang Mai, Thailand in April 2018 believing it to be Labeda trifascia. Since then I have returned to Thailand this October and have caught many trifascia (top moth) I therefore now believe the bottom moth to be L. intermedia, a moth not found in Thailand according to sources. Can anyone confirm this?

According to sources, another large Geometer not known to Thailand, Chorodna ochreimacula. Can anybody put this right?

Thanks

Alec
Borearctia
Reactions:
Cambodia

Re: Moths from Chiang Mai, Thailand

Post by Borearctia »

"According to sources, male Barsine's are not known to have a yellow form".
There is a interesting publication about Barsine species in Cambodia. A yellow form of a male is also shown there.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 4X18301237
andyridae
Reactions:
Great Britain

Re: Moths from Chiang Mai, Thailand

Post by andyridae »

Thankyou for that info about the yellow Barsine, that sorts that moth out, thanks again.