inserting photos

General discussion on entomology
chrisw
Reactions:
United States of America

inserting photos

Post by chrisw »

I need help inserting photos. I have had success in the past with Imgur, but Imgur is not very user friendly. I tried inserting photos from google photos but the image doesn't show up just the link to the photo. This is fine but when you click on the link you can then see other photos in my google photos account. And yes I did follow the instructions for how to insert photos.
kevinkk
Premium Member - 2024
Premium Member - 2024
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: inserting photos

Post by kevinkk »

Inserting photos was, for me at first completely unfathomable, I finally figured out that resizing and or cropping the file would get under the size limit
for data, I suppose there are other ways to insert photos, but I'm not on board with photo hosting services, as that's something I couldn't
and probably will never bother to figure out.
Resizing is fairly simple, at least using a laptop, I'm using Windows 8.1, I resize first by reducing the percentage of the photo, then change the amount
of pixels. It took me a while to figure it out, written instructions aren't the same as being shown. Image quality, amazingly doesn't seem to suffer,
which was a surprise. Just trying some test posts can't hurt, you can always delete them.